NEW PRODUCTS DEVELOPMENT
HOW TO START A COLLABORATION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SURACTIVES®FORMS (M.A.T.R.I.S.®,MINIACTIVES® and M.A.T.R.I.S. Dual®) OF A FOOD SUPPLEMENT.
IPS – SURACTIVES® Division is a third party contract manufacturer, active in the areas of R&D and industrial production of innovative controlled release and taste masked forms of food supplements. The collaboration offered consists of the following steps, each one to be started after positive completion of the previous one.
- Identification of the physico-chemical characteristics of the active ingredients (with relevant certificate of analysis), such as: solubility, particle size, analytical control method, sources of supply, etc.
- Joint study with the interested company, to determine the characteristics of the finished product, among which:
- identification of the final form (capsules, tablets, single dose small bottles or sachets, etc.) to be developed,
- quantity of active ingredients per single dose,
- length of the in vitro release of the active ingredients, in relation to their half-life, which might call for repeated administrations, and other characteristics,
- size of the trial and pilot batches (see below).
- Tests of coating of the active ingredients.
- Production of a trial batch having the desired in vitro controlled release pattern.
- Production of a pilot batch corresponding to the characteristics described at point 2, accompanied by all the relevant technical specifications, including:
- method for the determination of the in-vitro release pattern,
- quali-quantitative composition,
- production method.