The SURACTIVES® Division represents today the first enterprise entirely dedicated to R&D and industrial production, for third parties, of innovative food supplements in controlled release and modified physical structure forms.
ProfileThe SURACTIVES Division, which is part of IPS, represents today the first enterprise entirely dedicated to R&D and industrial production, for third parties, of innovative food supplements in controlled release and modified physical structure forms. The multi years experience of its technical staff in the R&D and industrial manufacture of modified release pharmaceuticals ensures a first class expertise in solving most of the problems faced in the food supplements area, including those related to:
- bioavailability of active ingredients,
- conversion of liquids (oils) into dry and free flowing powders,
- stability of incompatible substances,
- masking of unpleasant smell and taste of substances,
- dependence of substances from the physiological pHs,
- inconvenient dosage forms, particularly for pediatric and geriatric use.
The activity of the SURACTIVES Division is based on proprietary microencapsulation systems. The technologies of the Division are applied to active ingredients of proven efficacy, with the following purposes:
- optimize their absorption, compared to conventional forms,
- obtain gastro-resistant products,
- decrease the risk of undesirable side effects,
- allow an improved convenience of intake,
- confer a more modern appealing look.
I.P.S. – International Products & Services founded in 1976 is part of the GP GROUP OF COMPANIES, fully owned by PADUSA S.p.A., an Italian family holding whose diversified activities extend to:
- SURACTIVES® – Innovative forms of food supplements
- SURINERTS® – Sugar spheres for pharmaceutical use
- Microencapsulation for industrial use
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Agriculture & Natural Reserves
- Real Estate
- Financing & Investing
- Hotel & Residential Areas
- Wellness & Spa Center
The starting point for the production of active ingredients in M.A.T.R.I.S.® form are the active ingredients themselves, subdivided into micro-particles of size between 200 and 600 µ, directly and individually coated by one or more layers of polymeric membranes, thus totally removing the need for an inert support core.
According to the kind of polymeric membranes utilized, it is possible to obtain a perfect taste and odor masking of unpleasant ingredients, as well as their controlled release over a predetermined period of time.
Each single particle is covered with one or more concentric layers of the ingredients, and subsequently coated with a polymeric membrane chosen among those suitable for taste masking (TM) and/or to obtain a pre-established timed release (TR).
The MINIACTIVES® Taste Masking formulation provides for a total masking of unpleasant smell and taste of certain active ingredients, leaving the time of their absorption unchanged.